Academy for Allied Health Sciences- Teacher of the Year 2018-2019Mr. Dylan Scalora, Language Arts Teacher, is the 18-19 AAHS Teacher of the Year! We appreciate your dedication and your enthusiasm for our school program. Congratulations from the Allied Health family!
Congratulations to the UCVTS HOSA participants on another great performance at the 2018-2019 NJ State competition.
- Behavioral Health - Katrina Huwang - 1st place
- Life Support Skills - Krizia A - 1st place
- Health Career Display - Kaitlyn Acevedo and Samantha L - 1st place
- Medical Spelling - Dorian Ho - 1st Place
- Medical Spelling - Jessica Pattathil 2nd place
- Biomedical Debate - Ashini B, Elizabeth N, and Sukhmani Grover- 2nd place
- Creative Problem Solving - Deborah Obiajulu, Isabelle Lin, and Alysa Liu- 2nd place
- HOSA Bowl - Gauri Patel, Sebastian Rodriguez, and Javier R- 2nd place
- Human Growth and Development - Sophia R- 2nd place
- Medical Innovation Existing- Nathan Lam and Tara M- 2nd place
- Medical Law and Ethics - Amanda P - 3rd place
- Prepared Speaking- Roshni D - 4th place
- Creative Problem Solving- Devman Gupta, Catherine Agafonova, Andrew Yu, and Allison Klein - 5th place
- Pathophysiology- Noam Rotenberg - 5th place
We are also proud to announce that UCVTS HOSA has three students who will be serving as HOSA State Officers for the 2019-2020 School Year!
President- Nathan Lam
Northern Regional Vice-President- Raj Bhatt
Parliamentarian- Dorian Ho
About the Academy for Allied Health SciencesRecipient of the National Blue Ribbon award, National Best Practices award, and ranked by Newsweek Magazine and US News & World Report as one of the top high schools in the United States, the Academy for Allied Health Sciences is a healthcare program of innovation and excellence. A Rutgers University partnership allow students opportunity for college credits. Relevant experiences at healthcare facilities, added to students’ industry certifications, culminate with EMT training/New Jersey State EMT-B certification exam.
Challenging academics and high professional standards in character prepare the Academy for Allied Health Sciences students for a career path as doctors, nurses, and as the healthcare providers of tomorrow.
Academy forAllied Health SciencesBaxel Hall1776 Raritan RoadScotch Plains, New Jersey 07076908.889.8288 x811
Affirmative Action Officer:1776 Raritan RoadScotch Plains, NJ 07076908-889-8288 x 111District 504 Officer:1776 Raritan Road
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076908-889-8288 x 313
District Coordinator908-889-8288 x 313AAHS HIB Specialist1776 Raritan RoadScotch Plains, NJ 07076908-889-8288 x839