Applicants must be Union County residents and currently enrolled in 8th grade. The admissions process for full-time students at UCVTS requires applicants to:
- Attend an information session
- Information Sessions are held throughout the fall. Students must pre-register. Attendance at an information session is a required step in the admission process.
- Submit an application and transcripts to the Admissions Office
- Applications for the Class of 2024 are due Friday, December 13, 2019. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Application information is provided at Information Sessions only.
- Take an Admissions Examination
- The multiple-choice Admissions Exam contains two sections, Language Arts and Mathematics.
- The Admissions Exam for the Class of 2024 will be given on either Saturday, January 11 or Saturday, January 18, 2020. Students with a completed application by the stated deadline will be mailed more information regarding the admission exam in early January.
Applicants are selected from a diverse population of eighth grade students in each of the twenty-one municipalities in Union County. The following criteria will be considered for admission:
- Grades in Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies & Science
(7th grade & 1st marking period 8th grade)
- Admissions Examination
(Mathematics & Language Arts)
- Students applying to the Academy for Performing Arts interested in Dance or Theatre are also evaluated in an audition process. Auditions are only granted for applicants who have met the minimum academic qualifications AND who have selected the Academy for Performing Arts as their first choice school.