Name: Yajaira RodríguezSchool: UCTechSubject: Spanish 1- Spanish 2Classroom/Bldg.: WH-806Phone Ext:875Email:email@example.com
¡Bienvenidos a la clase de Español!
SCHEDULE OF TESTS and QUIZZES for MP2
Please visit Google Classroom to find assignments, resources, study guides and other useful materials for Spanish 1 and Spanish 2.
Welcome to Spanish 1 and Spanish 2!¡Hola! My name is Yajaira Rodriguez and I am delighted to have you in my Spanish class here at UCVTS. I am so excited at this opportunity to be able to construct a nurturing learning environment conducive to the promotion and development essential to foreign language acquisition. I know that you will have a rewarding experience in Spanish class.You are enrolled in a class that comes with high expectations which requires your effort. In every class we will spend time perfecting the four skills necessary for learning a foreign language: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. Since learning a foreign language may be a new skill for you, you should expect to be prepared to keep up with the classwork, homework, as well as participating in every class. It is very important to stay in the target language throughout each class.
Extra help is available twice per week. These days will be posted in Google Classroom.
It’s my ultimate goal to show my students how fun, rewarding, and beneficial it can be to learn other languages!I am looking forward to a great school year!Topics for MP2Español 1
1. Los números: 1-100
2. Los colores
3. Gustar, fascinar, aburrir, etc structure
4. El verbo “ser” vs “estar”
5. La clase, el colegio (School items, describing the classroom and school)
6. Asking and telling the time (¿Qué hora es? ¿A qué hora es la clase de matemáticas?)
7. Hobbies and activities during school and after school
8. Las palabras de Interrogativas: ¿cómo?, ¿por qué?, ¿qué?, ¿a qué hora?, ¿cuándo?,etc
9. Adjetivos descriptivos con descripciones físicas y de personalidad (Descriptives adjectives).
10. El verbo TENER
11. Las expresiones idiomáticas con TENER (Tener idiomatic expressions)
12. La familia
13. El verbo "ir" (to go)
Topics for MP2
1. El tiempo verbal Pretérito
- Know what an infinitive is: jugar is an infinitive hacer is an infinitive
- regular verbs ending in -ar -er, -ir
- Irregular yo verbs: ir, tener, hacer, salir, ver, saber, conocer, traer, dar,
- Stem changing: -car -gar -zar
2. Present progressive: estar + present participle (-ando, -iendo, -yendo)
3. Immediate future tense
- -ir +a + infinitivo
4. Verbos “gustar”, “encantar” y “aburrir”
5. Los verbos “ser” vs “estar”
6.Los verbos reflexivos
7. Direct object pronouns: me, te, lo/la, nos, los/las
8. La comunidad
9. Las profesiones
10. Las direcciones (asking and giving directions)
Spanish Extra Help: Tuesdays and Thursdays, period 6 in room 806, West hall or by appointment.
UCVTS Spanish Honor Society Tutoring Services every Wednesday or Fridays, period 5, room 118 in Baxel Hall.Spanish1:Los saludos y las despedidas
Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and diligence.
- Abigail Adams -