Welcome Auto Tech students 2018/2019!!!
If you have Mr. Shephard this year you've come to the right place.
I am looking forward to a great year!
The class you will have this year is Auto Technology,
The subject level is ASE Maintenance and Light Repair
At the end of the 2 year program you will take the ASE Maintenance and light repair student exam which,when passed, will jump start your career as an automotive tech!
Please read and understand the student handbook. click here
The student uniform requirements and supplies needed for the school year are as follows:
1. Work Uniform consisting of:
A. DARK BLUE or black button down work shirt short or long sleeve
B. DARK BLUE or black uniform style pants
C. Sturdy work boots with oil/slip resistant soles. NO SNEAKERS!!!
D. One pair of Safety glasses are supplied by the school for each student. Students may bring their own if they have prescription glasses. Sunglasses or dark tinted glasses are not acceptable. safety glasses must be ANSI certified
Uniforms MUST be DARK BLUE shirt and pants.
Uniforms can be purchased at a local store such as Walmart or Sears or ordered online from retailers such as Amazon.com. Dickies brand uniforms usually hold up well. examples Pants shirts coveralls
All students are required to wear each component of the above uniform every day as part of shop safety!
If student is NOT dressed in uniform, they will lose credit for that day!
2. Combination or key lock for student's locker. The locker will be used to store uniforms, safety glasses, clothes, books and personal items.
3. Notebook and a folder and writing utensils. Students will be expected to take notes.
Other items you may want to have in your locker are:
- Work gloves (tight fitting mechanics gloves and/or or latex or nitrile gloves.) Harbor Freight sells mechanics gloves and Nitrile gloves. Latex gloves are available at Home depot or online.
- Hand sanitizer
- lens wipes to clean your safety glasses
- a clean sock to store your safety glasses in
In the first week or two, please bring in the following items:
- 4 boxes of tissues.
- A bar of hand soap. (We supply industrial hand cleaner.) Ivory works best.
- A nail brush. Good to get grease out from under your fingernails
Looking forward to a great school year!