Degrees and Certifications:
Google Classroom: All students are required to have a Google Classroom account. Google classroom is a required resource for this class, and will be used by students to complete assignments during class as well as at home. Additionally, it will serve as an important platform to communicate, share course-related resources, and remind students of important deadlines. Therefore, students are required to check Google Classroom every day.
- Tests: 30% - This category includes all tests. Please note that students found with a visible phone, smart watch, or other similar device during a test will be given a grade of 0. Similarly, any student found cheating during a test will be given a grade of 0 on that test.
- Quizzes: 20% - This category includes all quizzes. Please note that students found with a visible phone, smart watch, or other similar device during a quiz will be given a grade of 0. Similarly, any student found cheating during a quiz will be given a grade of 0 on that quiz.
- Projects/Labs: 25% - This category includes a variety of projects, which will be graded using rubrics. The students will have access to the rubrics prior to the completion of the project. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Please note that plagiarism will result in point deductions, and depending on the gravity of the situation could result in a grade of 0.
- Homework: 10% - This category includes any work assigned to be completed at home. Homework must be completed by the next class.
- Performance/Classwork: 15% - This category includes the student’s participation during lecture, as well as the quality of the work that the student completed in class. The teacher will carefully observe the student’s:
- Contributions to the class (including asking/answering questions, and participating in class discussions)
- Focus on task (the student pays attention during lecture, and works on the assigned task without distractions. Distractions may include but are not limited to checking their phone or e-mail, browsing websites not related to the task, checking their online grades for other classes, etc.)
- Time management (ability to complete the task in the allotted time)
- Ability to work with others (ability to listen, share, respect, and support classmates to complete a given task)
- Preparedness (the student brings the required materials to class).