- Our Schools
- COVID-19 Updates
- School Calendar
- Academic Program Guide
- Campus Chronicle
- District Backpack
- Faculty and Staff
- Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO)
- Student and Parent Resources
- Student Organizations and Clubs
- Structured Learning Experiences
- Summer Assignments
- Technology Support for 1:1 Devices
- Voter Registration and Information
Congratulations to ...
APA Senior Alejandro Vargas
Alejandro was chosen for the NJ Governor Arts Award in Dance for 2020. In addition, Alejandro was awarded the 2020 NDEO Artistic Merit, Leadership, and Academic Achievement Award.
The National Dance Education Organization (NDEO) is pleased to announce that Alejandro Vargas has been selected by the National Honor Society for Dance Arts (NHSDA) adjudication committee as the Winner of the 2020 NDEO Artistic Merit, Leadership, and Academic Achievement Award.
This is one of the highest honors a young person can achieve at the national level in the dance arts field. This award is evidence that Alejandro has excelled in three categories:
· Artistic Merit: The candidate demonstrates technical and artistic excellence in dance as evidenced by performing original choreography and submitting an essay describing the intent, inspiration, and challenges of their choreography.
· Leadership: The candidate demonstrates outstanding leadership in and outside the field of dance at the school, community, state, and/or national level as evidenced by a strong resume, recommendation letter, and impact of dance essay
· Academic Achievement: The candidate demonstrates academic excellence with a high cumulative grade point average and superior writing skills found in both submitted essays.
In addition, NDEO recognizes APA's NHSDA Chapter Sponsor, Kathleen Gavin, for outstanding teaching, leadership, and guidance shown to Alejandro and fellow students.