Return to Headlines

How Do I Begin?

To begin an apprenticeship an employee needs to find out if his/her employer will sponsor the apprenticeship. Sponsorship is an easy, free process. The Sponsor will contact the N.J. Department of Labor to obtain hte forms necessary to register the apprentice and sign the Apprenticeship Agreement.

The apprentice continues to work full time and takes continuing education courses at sites such as Union County Vocational-Technical Schools. For more information, contact the Union County Apprenticeship Coordinator at (908) 889 - 8288 x309.